CURE MEDICAL DEBT.
You Have The Power to Forgive Millions in Medical Debt for Kobo on the Naira or from pennies on the Dollar.
Fundraise or Donate now to Help SHHAI Medical Debt to Forgive NGN12 Million Naira in Oppressive Medical Debt .
SHHAI Medical Debt empowers donors to forgive Millions in oppressive medical debt. We are dedicated to removing the burden of medical debt for individuals and families and veterans across Nigeria.
Medical debt destroys the financial stability of large segments of Nigerian’s most vulnerable communities: the sick, the elderly, the poor, and veterans. It also targets the middle class, driving many families who are barely getting along into poverty. Medical debt isn’t the result of bad decisions. It’s a debt of necessity.
By forgiving this debt we strive to give struggling individuals, and their families, a fresh start. We hope to give those affected the ability to seek the continued medical care they need and help them back towards financial stability.
Every day, we receive messages from people who suffer under crushing debt far beyond their financial means to pay—from the son of a stroke survivor in Jos whose family could not keep up with their mortgage payments, to the cancer patient in Oyo whose debts made it impossible for her to continue with necessary treatment. Rising healthcare costs and endless bills are leaving families with nowhere to turn.
SHHAI uses donors’ funds to wipe out medical debt from the neediest cases up.
Once we’ve pinpointed the portfolios for those in or near the poverty level, we buy up their debt and forgive it. Then we send forgiveness notices to the benefiting families, and subsequently help the recipients repair their credit reports—renewing their access to opportunities and resources that will allow them to rebuild and recover.
Whose unpayable medical bills does SHHAI forgive?
- Individuals who make less than 2 times the federal poverty level.
- Individuals who face financial hardship—owe debt that is 5% or more of their annual income.
- Individuals who are insolvent—have debts greater than their assets.
Why donate to SHHAI Medical Debt?
- Your donation goes a long way! On average, NGN10,000 abolishes NGN40,000 of debt.
- 100 percent of your donation goes towards abolishing medical debt in Government Hospitals in Nigeria .
- There are no tax consequences for those whose medical debts are forgiven. The forgiveness is a gift from a detached and disinterested third party (SHHAI Medical Debt), so forgiveness of the debt does not count as income for the gift recipient.
Donate by online bank transfer or cash deposit to :
Name: Success Helping Hands For Africa Initiative
Bank : Keystone Bank Ltd, Nigeria
Account Number : 1007354745
After bank transfer please send us mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for acknowledgment and appreciation . We appreciate our Donors.
or click the Donation button on our website link below to donate online
or donate by mail by sending a check to:
SUCCESS HELPING HANDS FOR AFRICA INITIATIVE -SHHAI
HOUSE 10 ,PW,KUBWA,ABUJA, FCT , NIGERIA.